• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fellows, William and Olive

fellowkev

master brummie
Hello, I am looking for anyone who may be related to the following:
This is a wedding photo of my Grand Uncle William Fellows and Olive Henderson, married July 12, 1925 in St. Mark's Church, Ladywood.
From left to right:

1. Ernest Fellows age 21 (b. Aug 22, 1903). He is the younger brother of William
  2. Olive Henderson, age 25 (b. 1900)
  3. William Fellows, age 24 (b. Nov 7, 1901)
  4. Emily May Henderson, age 20 (b. 1905) sister of Olive.
  5. Charlotte May Smith Henderson, age 68 (b. 1857), mother of Olive. Her husband Thomas Henderson was deceased according to the marriage certificate.
  6. Little girl unknown. Niece? Does anyone know who she is?
  7. Sarah Gregory Fellows, age 61 (b. Nov 19, 1864). Her husband John Fellows had died in 1922 (she is my great grandmother)
Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kev I am not related but wanted to say what a lovely photo. This must be a real treasure for the family I do hope someone is related and finds the photo.

Hi Wendy, nice to hear from you. Yes, thanks, it is a lovely family photo. I often look at it and try to imagine what each of them were actually like. I never met any of the family in the photo of course, since each had passed away before I had the wherewithal to pursue my family history (I don't know about the little girl). I just hate to think of those missed opportunities when I could have flown to England and spoken to some of them before they left us--if I had only known.
I only have snippets of information about each of them from my dad and mom, and a distant cousin here or there. Ernest and William remained in the Royal Navy for twenty years, and went through some hellish times during the second world war. After the war they returned to a more or less humble existence living in and around Ladywood. Outstanding people, all of them. The sort of people who are the bedrock of my dear England.

Kevin

Last edited:
Lovely sentiment Kevin. I have checked Key Hill and Warstone Lane cemeteries and they are not in either.

Thank you, Wendy. This news will save me time and helps narrow my focus to Lodge Hill Cemetery. Lodge Hill is where my grandfather Harry Fellows (William and Ernest's youngest brother) is laid to rest. In addition their mother and father (John and Sarah Fellows) are there too. I bet William and Ernest are there as well (together with the other half dozen siblings in the family).

By the way, I really appreciate all the hard work you have done with some of our Birmingham cemeteries. Thanks for such a spirited public service, Wendy!

Kevin

Thank you for your kind words Kevin but I am only a small cog in a wheel. There are some amazing volunteers doing work on the local cemeteries. I love to help though. I saw some people last week recording records from one cemetery for English Heritage they realy do a fantastic job!

Back