• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Elliots

niksagkram

Always a Villa fan
My Dad worked at Eliotts (sp) on Summer Lane for many years. Is there a listing for this company, and what happened to it?

Thanks a lot,

Mark

Elliott, E Ltd , moulders in plastic material, victoria works, Summer Lane 19, T.A. "Galalith, Birmingham", Aston Cross 1156 to 1159.
Street directory shows them at No 315
This is from 1940 Kelly's. It is on the northwest side of the lane close to the Coronet camera co.
mike

Mark

Elliots was bombed on the 9th April 1941 and 19 workers lost their lives. One other man died in a separate air raid.

Junie

Mark

Elliots was bombed on the 9th April 1941 and 19 workers lost their lives. One other man died in a separate air raid.

Junie

Thanks Junie. My Dad worked there in the sixties, on Summer Lane.
It's really quite amazing to learn the history behind, what I thought, was just a little factory where my Dad worked.
E. Elliot accomplished quite a lot.
Mark

Re: Elliots & Coronet Cameras Cos

CORONET & ELLIOTS camera manufac. Co.

Dear All,

I was pleased to see your web site, and wonder if you can help me by supplying any contacts or information you may hold yourselves that could help make this story of a two fascinating Birmingham Photographic Cos., come to light!

[FONT=&quot]Gerry[/FONT]

CORONET CAMERA COMPANY, 308-310 Summer Lane, Aston, Birmingham 19.
I have been collecting Coronet cameras for over a quarter of century and although having got rid of most of my original collection, due to final and space problems, I have restarted to collect gain in earnest last year!
Presently, I am writing an article and eventually a book, on the history of the Coronet Camera Co., and its strong links to Elliots. I would be pleased to hear from not only people who may have any coronet cameras, but more interestingly, from office and factory workers who worked for these Cos.
I am also seeking to buy or view photographic company trade catalogues and any Coronet or Elliots company archives that may still exist. If anyone knows more about this interesting and largely forgotten company could they please contact me?
Dr Gerald P. Connolly

Email: Coronet@talktalk.net

Back