• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Elizabeth Crescent, Warley.

telford girl

proper brummie kid
Farrell,(R).  Elizabeth Crescent..jpgFarrell, 1st + 3rd from left. Elizabeth Crescent..jpgFarrell, Elizabeth Crescent.jpgElizabeth Crescent..jpg

These photo's were taken between 1953 / 1954 at Elizabeth Crescent, Warley. I am the baby in the cot surrounded by neighbours children and siblings, does anyone recognise themselves. Mom told me we used to put on Plays and concerts, and all the children used to pay with a button or a pin. Mom ended up with a large toffee tin full of buttons. All the children in the street used to play together no matter what the age. big kids looked after the little ones. I can remember the green in the middle of the street where we used to play, have bonfires, and play games, cricket etc. Have lots more photos which i'll post later.

Hi Telford Girl. I saw your reference to Elizabeth Crescent on the Lightwoods Park thread as well. Thought I knew Warley but could not place Elizabeth Crescent. Looked on the map and saw that you were the wrong side of Salop Road for me. I was born in Bernard Road. All the roads around there had first names as street names. When the estate was laid out there were many green spaces left like the one you mention although many of them were fenced off when I was little.

Looking at the photos, can't you just tell the date from the look of the children and their clothes and haircuts.

Back