• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Egbert Percy Booth

bernarddodd

Please, could anyone help me connect Egbert Percy Booth with County Chemical Company Ltd during the period 1942 to 1946, it is believed he became a managing director of the company in 1945/46 and is known to have driven round in a Rolls Royce.
He was thought to have been engaged in war work with the company and the Mulberry Harbour.
The only other connections are the name Stapleton [thought to also be a company rather than the village] and Heather Hall, Leicestershire.
We know he was married in Rutland 1946
Bernard

Please I am still trying to locate information Re Edgar 'Percy' Booth, thuoght to have had connections with Birmingham companies during the WW2. ie Chemico, County Chemical, was Bradford St now in Shirley and Stapletons of unknown whereabouts.

I understood now that the two companies named may not be the Chemico above but a company known as Chemico Construction and that the name Stapletons may have been Staplefords

Can anyone help please?
Bernard

No mention of the Chemico Construction or Staplefords in the Birmingham Kellys (except for a Stapleford fancy draper in Washwood Heath)

Back