• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Edbaston Map?

Ewan

master brummie
Hello again, Does anyone know of a website where I can see an old map of Edgbaston please, I know it isn't Birmingham but I thought I would ask anyway, hope someone can help.
Ewan

Thanks pmc1947

What a great map, you can read the street names and I managed to find the ones where my family were living.

Re: Edgbaston Map?

Hello Phil

Thank you for your help, I have seen that map already, and I am sure it was yourself that posted it for me back in the middle of last December. I didn't realise it showed Edgbaston but it does, although I don't know if it covers all of the area and all of the roads and streets. The place I am having an ongoing search for is 'Ore Street' it cannot be found in Birmingham but there is a strong link to Edgbaston so I was hoping it could be found there. I have connections with a 'Summer Street and a Sun Lane which are just opposite the 'N' in the word Edgbaston, so I was hoping that 'Ore Street' could be found in the vicinity. Ideally a map from the 1840s may show such a street, but there doesn't appear to be one online. Meanwhile I'll keep looking.

Thanks again
Ewan

Back