• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

E W Green - Artist - Who is he? Can anyone help please? Kitts Green? - since found he's known as Ernie Green

LindseyJT

proper brummie kid
Hi All,

I have recently bought some E (Ernest) W Green original artwork from a charity shop at a local shropshire SVR station. The four artworks I have are of trains, I have added 2 of the images as the other 2 are at the framers.

There is also a gentleman selling prints relating to local football clubs on ebay, if you put in E W Green you will find 3 Art Prints : Birmingham Football Club, Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion.

I have a Kitts Green, Cole Hall Lane address on the back of one of my pieces and it clarifies that the 'E' is for 'Ernest'.

Any help finding out about this artists would be welcomed.

Thank you.

EWGreen 1980 Img1.jpg
EWGreen 1980 Img2.jpg

Last edited:
Are you a member of the british news paper archive is that how you found it? The original for the Aston Villa Print above was done in 1993 and he also did an image in 1994 West Bromwich and Birmingham City 1995.
Yes - have sub to Newspaoer Archive. Will see if there is anything else later.
There is quite a bit about a sports trophy "E W Green cup" - can't tell at the moment if it is the same person or not.

Found quite a few using 'going home triumphant' - book marking then I am going to do the 'pay as you go'

this one is intriguing, although it could be prints of the 'Original' as EW Green was copying it from somewhere:

Found out they mean £9.99 and £4.99

Example under going home triumphant.png

Last edited:
Loads when looking for 'Ernie Green', seems Four Seasons Art Gallery on 2 Orphanage road, Erdington, commisioned his work in order to print.

There are pubs, tram terminuses, other landmarks, amazing what you can find in these papers.

Thank you

@pjmburns

for pointing me in the right direction

Saves me looking. Well done
It's been fun, now I am looking into the Four Seasons Art Gallery (closed now) as fascinated as to where the originals all went. I am going to check if the one is still at the Molineux but as for others, seems there are so many outside of football, it's a mystery.

Back