• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

dudley road

thanks viv...i didnt realise the wheatsheaf was so close to the park. but we can just see it on post 5 photo 1...so sad to see what i presume is the park keepers house in such a bad state

cant see a thread for just dudley road so here is a nice photo to start us off...wonder if we can find out the name of the pub then we would have the exact spot it was taken and i cant make out the street or road sign on the right

View attachment 193509
How about Winson Street?..pub/building still there.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-29 205417.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-29 205417.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
already solved...see from post 4
YOU KNOW I thought it had when I started my fishing expedition, 38 DUDLEY Rd...cheers...when I was a copper I worked from the station up the road, I am 77 you know, memory not that gud...but gud to see olde pics takes me back to the baddies days.

YOU KNOW I thought it had when I started my fishing expedition, 38 DUDLEY Rd...cheers...when I was a copper I worked from the station up the road, I am 77 you know, memory not that gud...but gud to see olde pics takes me back to the baddies days.

its a shame that the old police station is at risk...really hope its saved

lyn

its a shame that the old police station is at risk...really hope its saved

lyn
When I worked from Rose Rd Police station in Harborne, the Dudley Rd Station was just a satellite station, occasionally used if ever was my experience, only if something like an affray occurred in that area that required a number of coppers to attend was it used for interviewing...this was the 1980s, regards preservation shud imagine it comes under Bham City auspices and since the Labour council is now defunct/bankrupt cant see it having any cash spent on it?..only way wud be Crowdfunding thats if locals were that interested?

Back