• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Do you remember Brumas?

rowan

Born a Brummie
Clearing out some drawers today I came across an ornament of Brumas the Bear with Lily his Mother......... oh how I adored Brumas :)

I used to have the books about him but they dissapeared many, many moons ago but the ornament survived many house moves.

I think it is made of a ckaulk like material and is touched up with "gold"......maybe a fairground win?

A friend had a lovely dog who they named, at the time, after that little polar bear

I still treasure that little item of long forgotton Brumas and Lily.

Do you have memories too?

Oh I remember Brumas - Dudley Zoo ? I think he was born there. I always had a soap Brumas on the mantelpiece in my bedroom. I loved Brumas and have looked out at boot sales for one but living down in Essex, there's not much hope ! I do get nostalgic in my old age for dear old Brum and my childhood, especially as relatives are very few up there now.

Brumas was born in Regents Park Zoo in 1949 and died in 1958. The public went barmy about 'him', but in fact Brumas was a 'he'. I can remember some member of my family buying me a cake of 'Brumas Soap', and I hated it....

G

Back