• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Deritend Brass Stamping

Charlie

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
My uncle used to work at Deritend Brass Stamping..is it still going? We manufacture so little these days.
He took early retirement and went on to be an attendant at Birmingham Art Gallery and Museum.

Gosh, my grandfather worked for Deritend Stamping!
He was a director I think, and retired in the 1950s.

Sorry, I have no idea if it's still going.

Angela

Re-posted from Blog section on behalf of Wendy Lagdon,

Hi everyone, I'm researching my late grandfather who worked for the Deritend Stamping Company 1927 onwards for some 26 years. I'm trying to find out about the history of the company during this time, does anyone know where I might find out anything? I've ' googled it but not really found anything, other than this site!. Any advice/photo's/places to search would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Colin

Re-posted from Blog section on behalf of Wendy Lagdon,

Colin

Hi, I have just been searching for info on Deritend Stamping and came across your post. This photo is of the workers at Deritend Stamping Wednesbury. Not sure what year.
IMG_1322.jpeg

The Deritend Stamping co is first mentioned in Kellys directory in 1900, not being in the 1899 edition). It should be remembered that the date is the publication date, and is probably up to a year after the time the record was taken. They were in Allcock St (see red site 1 on map) till at least 1905

Between the 1905 & 1908 directories they moved to a new site in Liverpool St on the south side in the blue area 2 on the map, though I am not sure of the area of the palnt then. they continued at this site, though expanding th earea of it, till apparently changing their name to deritend Drop forgings soemtime betwen 1956 & 1962.

sites_of_deritend_stamping_Co_on_mapA_of_c_1903-11.jpg

Hi,
I lived at 1back, 54 Allcock St., right next to the Deritend Stamping COmpany and I was wondering whether there was any photos of the actual building. I lived there since 1931 until 1940s. Thanks for your help
Eric ex-brummie

Back