• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Davey Road, Handsworth, Birmingham B20

Calling on anyone who lived in Davey Road or the surrounding areas from 1952 to 1967.
Hello Smartie. I was born in 1952 and lived with my mother Doreen Drapier Nee Reynolds and my Grandmother Olive Reynolds at 109 Davey Road. In 1953 I moved with my mother and father out to Shropshire. However my Grandmother remained at 109 Davey Rd for the rest of her life, eventually passing away in 1979. Since then my Aunty Grace Roe nee Reynolds and her son John have lived in the same house. I have many happy memories of visiting my Grandmother in Brum and the many hours spent train spotting at Perry Barr and Aston sheds. Area is very run down now and lots of the little shops in The Broadway have shut down. Let me know if you remember my family and do tell me of some of your memories as I would be very interested to know something of how you ended up in Swansea.

hi smatie its a small world I lived at 115 Davey road with mom and dad and my brother david until the late eaigties kind reguards sidwho

Back