• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cuckoo Cottages / Cuckoo Road

lazyboybrum

Hi I'm new to this , I'm trying to trace where my mother and father first lived when they married.
I have a census that says in 1938 they live at 3 cuckoo cottages with a George and Edith Harvey.
My father was George Kirby, my mother was Florence Kirby and there new born daughter was Edith .
I went to the cottages once when i was very young and i can remember come from cuckoo bridge ,
cuckoo road bent to the left and the cottages were on the right had side of the road.
Opposite there was a play area call the Pimple or Pimple hill and behind that , i thought it was the gas works
but recently been informed it was an eclectic generating plant .
My question is does anyone have and facts, photos, maps or info..
Many Thanks

Here is a map from 1950 that lists Cuckoo Cottages...

0 - Cuckoo Cottages.jpg

There is a small photo here, which I think was taken from the corner of Argyle St, which would put the cottages on the left in the distance...

Back