• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coton Road, Whitacre Heath

Blondy

proper brummie kid
I have a request for a friend if anyone can help

They live by the old Buchan concrete site and apart from accessing their deeds to the house is there anyway they can find out how old their home is? After typing in the name of the house and road all we can find is that Whitacre Heath was a part of the three whitacres. Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards
Max

Hi Max,
If the cottages are opposite the concrete works they were built 1904, there is a picture in the book "Around Coleshill" of them, they were not on the map of that area in 1835, in fact in 1835 the only property around that area was by the looks of it some cottages just over the "Swan" bridge, going from Whitacre village down Coton Road towards Kingsbury village. Hope this is of some help to you.

loisand

Apologies for the time delay in getting your info but I work permanant late shift, which is why I dont visit the site as often as I would like to.

Thank you for taking the time to look for info - the house they live in is in front of the old Buchan site (garden backs onto site)and they know it was purchased along with the site by Buchans about 1960. His father Clive worked there for many years before buying it from them. Guess we have to keep searching till we come up with something but at least we now know it was after 1904.

Regards
Max

Back