• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Corporation Street

DaveG

master brummie
Does anyone recall if there was a Dance School on an upper floor of an old building opposite the Law Courts on Corporation St. and if so, what was the name of the school? I vaguely remember learning to dance at such a place and still have some very pleasant memories of that time. I also remember the dance floor having a support pillar almost in dead center and, for a complete novice like myself, it was an accident waiting to happen. As a Fred Astaire wannabe, dancing with my head down with a keen interest on what my feet were trying to do, it was not unusual to drive some poor unsuspecting young lady backwards into said pillar. No wonder none of the regulars really wanted to take on a complete novice until he had his bearings sorted out.

Back