• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

conybere street

walshy

knowlegable brummie
hi everyone:)does anyone have any maps of conybere street,gooch st and surrounding area from the 1940s or can anyone suggest where i can get one from?my mom grew up here and it would be lovely to see where all the streets were that she talks about thanks

Hi Walshy

This section of map is a little later than the 1940's but I don't think the Highate area of Birmingham changed much untill the mid 60's except for the building of St Martins Flats.

I find Ebay a good place to purchase old maps, but I am sure there are many more serious and dedicated places than that.

pmc1947

walshy, take a look at post st martins flats, it has photos of gooch st, in 1957,& at the corner of conybere st, where the picture cinema was,o,k all the best,..christy..

Hi there
Does anyone have a ordance map of Brookvale road covering the year 1958 I'm trying to find where number 385 was as I went there this week and the highest number I could find was number 337. My Great grandmother died there in 1958 after number 337 it turns into the junction for george road. can anyone please help?

with thanks

Back