• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Clifton Road Sparkbrook

Obdsmith
Are you sure of that house no. I dont think the Aston Clifton road went as high as 275. The Balsall Heath one did

Thank you, my error, yes it should be 275 Clifton Road Sparkbrook!
My husband lived there with his foster parents during the '60s. We googled it and found 275 but it didnt look as remembered.

There appear to be a number of other threads about Clifton Road, Balsall Heath/Sparkbrook but the only photos seems to be of the school and a glimpse of some houses seen in a photo of the Imperial Cinema.

Kathleen Hancock and/or Frederick Findley seems to be listed on the ERs early 60s. There were also some houses listed back of 275.

It is listed in 1964
Kellys 1964 clifton road.jpg
1956 Mrs Rose E. Chambers
1957,-1970, F.G. Findley
1971 B.Broome
1972 not listed'[op

Hi, yes it was Fred Findley who was husband's foster father, I think Fred and Kay (kathleen) married in 63 or 64. we have 1 photo that has a very small section of shopfront.

what a lovely photo.....the baby is adorable...also love the old chewing gum machine on the wall...that takes me back

lyn

Husband says delivery's came in that way. Also after they bought 277 the upstairs at 275 was converted to a flat where Janet and Gordon lived, stairs up from what was kitchen.
I'm really annoyed I cannot find other photo. It was a colour photo of Kay and their dog Patsy on the doorstep.

Back