• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Clarke Horace Arthur b 19 Oct 1911 Evesham

• Thread starter Thread starter Buttercup
  • Start date Start date
B

Buttercup

can anyone help me with this please, my grandad,
Horace Arthur Clarke b 19 Oct 1911 Evesham, Hereford, Worcester,
d 17 August 1989 Good Hope Hospital, Sutton coldfield,
how can i find his parents, my sister has a set of parents, who can't possibly be correct, as it would mean, his father became a father of 5 children, after the age of 79, and grandads mother, would have been 53, having 5 children after this age, now this can't be correct, grandad obviously wont be on the 1901 census, as he was not born, :D clever arn't i, how do i find his parents, if they are not the people on my sisters tree, is there a England census after 1901, as i can't seem to find it, if there is, where is it, if there is not, why not, and how can i find out who his parents were,
now i know its late, and this is one of those questions no one wants at this time of the night, especially off me, when, i seem to ask so many stupid questions anyway, so this is another stupid question, to add to the many i have already asked,
thanks
buttercup

Re: help please

Buttercup.....if you know the birthdate and place of birth send for the certificate....? Now just a quick search on the freebmd site and found a Horace Clarke born 1911, mothers surname Cooper?....do you know if had any older brothers/sisters....or any younger....if so any ideas of their names...

Re: help please

Hi Buttercup, no one minds answering questions:)

Census are take every 10 years, so there is a census for 1911, but there is a closure rule of 100 years. The good news is that due to a bit of red tape some one challenged that law, it should with luck be available for us to view next year. HOWEVER you can apply to see a census if you can give proof that the people at the address you want to view are family. There is a charge of I think around £45/50 and that is to see the exact address, you can't ask for a search. If you have his birth certificate it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Put Electoral Roll into the search box in the blue band at the top opf the forum, it will explain where to go for the search and how to search. It is a site run by a man who has very kindly transcribed the rolls and has put them on the net. so it is not a complete record, but you may be able to find your grandfather that way.

Good Luck.

As it says "guest" under Buttercup's avatar. it means they are no longer a member of the Forum.
If they see your post they will need to register again to reply

It is not always a good idea to put your email address on here for everyone to see. Ask them to contact you privately via direct message (the little envelope at the top right).

Back