• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Clark And Sewell Legge Lane

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
Anyone know what was made in this place in Legge Lane?

Edit. Two images missing from this post.

Last edited:
If that is nos 4 & 5 (which i think it is), then from 1896 to 1950 it was Clark & Sewell, manufacturing silversmiths. 1956 onwards it was william neale, manufacturing silversmiths. I, 1896 the buildings also had some other occupants also
mike

if thats a recent photo its also nice to see its not going to be demolished..

astoness

wicked pics froth... a man after me own heart... sorry i cant post a comment on that site.. ive forgotton me username lol...will sort it out.

lyn

If that is nos 4 & 5 (which i think it is), then from 1896 to 1950 it was Clark & Sewell, manufacturing silversmiths. 1956 onwards it was william neale, manufacturing silversmiths. I, 1896 the buildings also had some other occupants also
mike

One day you find yourself get into a disused building to take photos.
I then find out who used the Building, thanks to MikeJee.
Now I've found 2 photos of silver that was made there, isn't the Internet great.

Yeah. I've been there a few times, and filmed in there with the BBC for inside out.

Edit. Six images missing from this post.

The building was being ripped out the last time i went to get some shots. Looks like it will be used for something at least. Shame all the original stuff in there will be lost though. I hate seeing more of this area's history ruined

totally agree virusman...such a shame that some of the orignial stuff cant be salvaged..

lyn

Great photos. mate. I really enjoyed going round that that place. I would love to do more of this stuff, getting a little long in the tooth now though.
Funny enough I was watching the video the other day. Which one is you?
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdrxdnGDAPg"]YouTube - Urban Exploration on Inside out[/ame]

Back