• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

CLARE MABEL CROFT nee BAGLIN TURNS 100

T

Toni Batey

Born in Birmingham in 1910, Married Cyril Croft at St Peters Church, Icknield Street, Springhill, BirminghamView attachment 50280 1932. Celebrating her 100th Year in New Zealand, surrounded by her family and great grandchildren on September 9th this year. Are you a Baglin? Send your well wishes and a photo to. tonibatey@xtra.co.nz :)

Toni, was Clare related to the Baglins who were coal merchants in Aston? They lived in Clifton Road, and I was at Burlington Street School with one of the daughters although not in the same class.

Brenda,
Only just found this.The Aston Baglins were cousins of mine,I last saw Lily 12 years ago,she would at that time have been about 62...and didn't look a day older than 35.:)Also my cousin Pat Slaney was in the same class at Bulington St,did you know her?.

Ray, glad to know you meet up with Lily Baglin a few years ago...l remember a Pat Terry in my class but can'nt place a Pat Slaney...maybe it will come to me if i think real hard...l have to do a lot of that these days....l know Audrey Wright, Sheila Trevitt Jean Haynes all seemed to arrive to-gether to school...l have a list of about 24 girls who were in my class but Pat Slaney was'nt one of them....Lily was always so petite and never looked old enough to be in our class and was always so neat with her plaits....so i image it has stayed with her through life must be good genes......Brenda

Ray and Brenda, just to let you know Lily Baglin and some of her sisters have been to quite a few Burlington Street/Upper Thomas Street Reunions, the last time I saw Lily she had just celebrated her 70th birthday and she was still very attractive and didn't look anywhere near her age. I had her address and phone number, but one of her sisters told me she moved last year and I don't know her new details. Audrey Wright is her cousin and she and her husband Ray Collins usually come to the Reunion - 7th July at The Barn. I know the name Pat Slaney I think she was a fair haired girl but that is only a vague memory.

Back