• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Christine Perfect

suemalings

master brummie
I am sure Christine Perfect came from Birmingham. She was the amazing singer with Chicken Shack and Fleetwood Mac.

Her father was a Doctor.

Christine Perfect came from Lancashire, don't know precisely where. I remember Stan Webb's Chicken Shack rather well. Great band originally, but got watered down through various members leaving to go to other bands; in Christine Perfect's case to Fleetwood Mac. I think Stan Webb is still performing. They were essentially a band that played Chicago electric blues, influenced by Muddy Waters, Freddie King, etc. Christine Perfect married John McVie of Fleetwood Mac. She had fabulous legs as well as a great voice....

Big Gee

I searched for Christine and found two sites giving her biography, one saying born in Lancashire, the othr Birmingham. However I see she was bought up in Birmingham as her father (not a doctor) was a lecturer in music at St Peters College, just around the corner from where I lived.

She lived in Bearwood, she often went into my friends outdoor they had there, funny we were only talking about her today.

https://stanwebb.co.uk/ website indicates that Chicken Shack are still around, obviously without Christine Perfect, was listening to a few of their albums a few weeks ago, 40 Blue Fingers, OK Ken? to name a couple, very different to what you hear today!

Back