• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

chinn & co Leopold street

C

chinnychinn

in kellys 1912 directory there is a coffin furniture manufacturer named Chinn & co at 5 & 6 leopold street and as my family come from round the corner in Darwin street i wondered if there is a way of finding out who the directors and owners were, or if any one has any helpful information. regards chinnychinn:shocked:

By the Electoral rolls, a Robert Chinn of 11 Kingswood Road, St Martins and Deritend ward also had 'Back 5 and 6 Leopold Street' as 'Other abode' in 1912.
They must have been formerly the back houses, as in the same year no 5 Leopold St was Mary Warrilow's, and Elizabeth Cox was at no 6.

thank you very much lloyd.i know lots of chinn family worked in the brass trade,perhaps there?. many regards chinnychinn

Back