• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

chapel street map

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks would anyone have a map around 1880s of chapel st please..

thank you

lyn

many thanks mark....would it be possible to mark out where numbers 3 4 and 5 was please ...thanks
lyn

thanks mark...picking brains again i am researching where about the common lodging house would have been .must have been large as i have 2 pages on the 1891 census of lodgers so about 60 in total...the add says its back of no 5

any help would be great 1891 census maybe its the buildings that divide the entry shown on the map

download (1).png

The building next to the Mug appears to stretch a long way back so maybe some part of that maybe - guessing only.

The building next to the Mug appears to stretch a long way back so maybe some part of that maybe - guessing only.

oh yes mark i had not noticed that long building very good chance that was the lodging house..thank you

lyn

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Hello
Found your post. I am investigating my grandfather/great grandfather. According to the census the family was living at number 7 chapel street in 1871 . In 1881 it appears they had moved on. My great grandfather Abraham Phillips had moved to number 5. I would be very interested in your research . Also guessing this area is no longer ?

Back