• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cemetery & Crematorium

andrewp91

proper brummie kid
Hi would it be possible to know different Cemetery's and possibly roads where they were please as I am trying to located a grave of one of my ancestors and have tried what I thought she might have been in (Yardley Cemetery and crematorium), but have has no success. I am looking for a plot that was located near yew tree lane - Yardley please.

I have tried,
Yardley Cemetery and crematorium - Yardley Rd, Birmingham.

Is it possible to jot down any other cemetery's located in Birmingham please as they might come in handy in the future but currently at the moment I am trying to located a grave around the Yardley area.

Kindest Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew: Here is a list of Monumental Inscriptions with many Birmingham churches listed. Each Momumental Inscription for their locations lists the names of all persons interred in that churchyard. Also, if you Google "Churchyards in Yardley, Birmingham" you will see some other links. Good Luck. https://www.hunimex.com/warwick/mi/mi_indx.html

Thank you both - So it might be a churchyard that she is buried in? I have had a look at the links that you have provided and found them useful but as of yet still have not found the person who I am looking for. I also googled "Churchyards in Yardley, Birmingham" and one church came up which wasn't on that list that you provided Jennyann which was St. Edburgha's church Yardley.
The surname of the person I am looking for is Sedgwick (either William, Felicia being the forenames)

Any other help will be appreciated :)
Kindest Regards

Ancestry - Birmingham burials shows a William Sedgwick b abt 1819 and buried March 27th 1900 as being listed at Sheldon St Giles. The address is given as Lyndon end.

As Felicia's death is registered in Solihull it won't show up on the same records. It may be she is in the same grave but I am not sure where those records are as Sheldon has swapped between Birmingham and Solihull over the years.

Janice

Hi Pjmburns thank you for the reply. I should have mentioned that William Sedgwick is on the 1901 census (cannot find him on the 1911) he was living where his wife died just two years after. So William Sedgwick must have died after 1901. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi,

I am not sure when St Edburgha's churchyard went out of use, but it was grassed over and the
headstones removed many years ago. I don't know where the burial records would now be kept.

Kind regards

Dave

From the Births, Marriages and Death site- BMD for William Sedgwick after 1901. https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
Put William's name in the search box and highlight the county Warwickshire and you will find some William Sedgwick's who died
before and after 1901.

Last edited:
Back