• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

CCleaner

Patty

master brummie
I bet you all thought I have been quiet lately, well Patty's back lol.
When I went to run CC yesterday it said there was a newer version to install. I have ignored it for ages but dont ask me why I decided to do it yesterday and all hell has broke loose.
First I found it hard to understand, then I had to click on blue line to allow it to carry on, then when it Say's run on the first lot of files I said yes then the next lot it said something about piriform files and highlighted NO so I clicked that and it all stopped, so I done it again and pressed yes (naughty I know) and it came on but I got yahoo tool bar which I couldn't get off so had to uninstall it all and start again, I un ticked the box
for the tool bar and it still came on again so this morning I thought I will do a system restore to get the old one back on and the cc icon has become a file, and I cant open it, I have tried a search ect but no good so I have deleted it all off my computer and need to start again. I have gone to google but there are that many to choose from and they all look the same. What am I doing wrong????????:cry::cry::cry:

Patty I thought you wanted a carpet cleaner. Could have helped if it had been but maybe OISIN is around?.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Jean.

Hi Patty
I treat all registry cleaners with extreme prejudice.
I use Autocad on a daily basis and because of the way Autodesk builds the regisry entries reg cleaners wipe them and cause me much grief. Personally I'd never touch them again.

Hi Patty,
If you want to remove the Yahoo or any other search thing from the tool bar, in Firefox, right click on any part of the toolbar (beige part in FF) and a dialogue box opens up, click on customise, and a big box window opens up. Then left click on the Yahoo search bit and drag it down into the big box window and it disappears from the toolbar.
Phil...:)

Hello, Patty.
gaehn4.gif

Yes, I for one was getting worried about you. If you're not in trouble I think there's something not right with the world.

Now, it would seem you've got yourself in a pickle so let's start from scratch by making sure you've got rid of the old Ccleaner before you install it again:

1. Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs and see if CCleaner is listed. If it is remove it by clicking it and following the instructions. (Do the same with Yahoo toolbar if you see that as a separate installation).

2. Reboot your PC and go to Start> Search and look for Ccleaner by searching "All Files and Folders".

3. Delete anything it finds and reboot PC.

4. Go here: https://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner and download the latest version (listed in green in top right corner of page).

5. Install it being careful to untick the Yahoo Toolbar box when you reach the stage below!

View attachment 53274

Take your time and you should be okay. If you do run into any hitches then Jean, me or somebody else will help you out.

Good luck.
iamsmiling.gif

p.s. Personally, I only ever use the ordinary cleaner part of it and never run the registry cleaner.

Nice one dusty but where's she gone... Coooeeee!... Patty... Is there anyone out there?
y4tsearch.gif

BOO, I've been off line for a couple of days as my AC adapter was getting very hot and making a loud crackling sound so had to call my little man up and get a new one £61, I couldn't do it as I had no computer and I payed for fast delivery, so here I am back so will have a go later at the download as I have loads of mail to sort and visitors shortly. Let you know how I get on, did you have a good birthday Paul? see i did leave it till after so as not to worry you on your day lol

My HP Laptop is out of use with a broken AC adaptor. Of course it cannot be a common or garden one, it has an unusual oval connection,and I dont have the £84. Not to worry I have my steam driven midi and the netbook to keep up with the goings on at BHF.

Yup, had a good b/day, thanks Patty. Just have to get used to being over the half century now.
crutch.gif

Strewth!
shockedsmileyzn3.gif
That adapter was a bit steep, wasn't it? What make is your laptop? Did you look at ebuyer or Maplins?

EDIT: (Sometime later)... After doing some checking I see the adapter cost wasn't too bad after all.

HI Arkrite
have you got fixed up with an AC Adapt; for your lap top yet ; ? ,
And what model is it your lap top ; please let us know ,as i can save you pounds
and possible have one for you now ; the 84 pounds is exstortion do not pay that kind of money
so if you can let us know do you have one or not ;
best wishes astonian ;;

BOO, I've been off line for a couple of days as my AC adapter was getting very hot and making a loud crackling sound so had to call my little man up and get a new one £61, I couldn't do it as I had no computer and I payed for fast delivery, so here I am back so will have a go later at the download as I have loads of mail to sort and visitors shortly. Let you know how I get on, did you have a good birthday Paul? see i did leave it till after so as not to worry you on your day lol

Patty i paid £25 for a new one and it was ordered it took a day

Mau-reece

I know but I couldn't go on line to look and it was just easier, idle I know but I'm up and running now so I can annoy you all lol

Back