• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Catherine Street Aston

very interesting snippits viv...i thought we had a thread for catherine st but i cant find one as yet so i will post these photos that i have of catherine st although i am sure i have posted them before but maybe on other threads

lyn

Catherine Street  and 1 car and Van.jpgCatherine Street  Back Gardens Aston.jpgCatherine Street Aston 8-7-1959.jpgCatherine Street Aston.jpg

Last edited:
The van in the first and last picture appears to be the same so I'd guess those 2 at least were taken at the same time. I think the houses in the last would be the 3 houses listed back of 56, making those in the first photo back of 54...

0 - Catherine St.jpg

The van in the first and last picture appears to be the same so I'd guess those 2 at least were taken at the same time. I think the houses in the last would be the 3 houses listed back of 56, making those in the first photo back of 54...

View attachment 176710
thanks mark...good to have a location

lyn

Thanks Pete. For some reason that thread didn’t come up in a search for me. Do thread titles which are all in capitals affect a search ?

There are also photos of Catherine Street here posted by gingerjon and Aston lad, although I think 3 of them are the same as the ones Lyn posted in post #3
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/for...unseen-photos-with-no-locations.45202/page-14

Maybe a mod could merge the Catherine Street identified by Pete and this thread please. Thanks. Viv.

Last edited:
Thanks Pete. For some reason that thread didn’t come up in a search for me. Do thread titles which are all in capitals affect a search ?

There are also photos of Catherine Street here posted by gingerjon and Aston lad, although I think 3 of them are the same as the ones Lyn posted in post #3
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/for...unseen-photos-with-no-locations.45202/page-14

Maybe a mod could merge the Catherine Street identified by Pete and this thread please. Thanks. Viv.
done that viv...there was only 1 photo on that thread that was not on this one

lyn

There was a boy in the early 60s who lived in Catherine Street who went to school at Lordswood Technical School at Bearwood, a bit of a hike from Aston!

Back