• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brothers and Sisters.

• Thread starter Thread starter Wendy
  • Start date Start date
W

Wendy

Here is a lovely photo of my brother's on the step of our house in Coleraine Road Great Barr. I would say its about 1950 but if I am wrong our John will come on and put me right.:)

Lovely photo Wendy. Here is a photo of Albert my brother at the age of elevenish with myself on his lap. Jean.

Wendy & GG Jean,

Those are lovely photo's and you are both so lucky to have siblings.
As a child I always wanted a brother or a sister, it is what I would ask for at christmas and on my birthdays. The answer was always no.
I can remember sitting behind the sofa crying , saying " if I cant have a brother or sister then can I have a Chimp ? " :D
This was after veiwing the Advert on Tv with those delightful speaking Chimps. I had visions of playing with them and they inturn help with making tea and washing the dishes.

As I have become older, I miss not having siblings even more, your siblings are a link to your past.
I love to listen to my friends reminisce with their siblings and things they got up to.
An only child misses out on a lot of things.

Treasure your siblings.

Was the advert Brooke Bond Tea or Typhoo ?
And did Brooke Bond packets have a little stamp on them ?

Bo

Wish I had known Bo you could have had my sister ;) I have never forgiven her for getting me in trouble over a broken window. I still insist that had she not ducked the book would never have hit the window in the first place:D

Bernie that has made me laugh so much.:D:D Good job Pete is out or he would think I am stark raveing bonkus. Bo it was almost like being an only child at times as my brother is ten years my senior and I used to get oh so jealous when he went out with his mates. There should have been another sibling inbetween but mom misscaried and she was told to leave having another for a few years hence the gap. Jean.

Bojalu, Pretty sure it was Brooke Bond with the chimps & there was a B/B Dividend tea with a stamp on the packet. Len.

Hello. I had three brother, one 8 years older and two 4/5 years younger - I always seemed to be the odd one out, and treated more strictly. All my brother are now about and I know they are there for me when I need them.

Remember washing the two youngest in the bath and and 'pouring' :D:D:Da saucepan of water over them to get rid of the soap'. Oh. I was a naughty girl!!!!!! Miriam.

Oh my goodness Eric such beautiful hair!! It's a really lovely photo of you and your sister.

Hello there Eric,
Last night I couldn't sleep; sitting down at the computer, I thought of your photograph. I could remember a slight tear on the right-hand side.
I've "removed" it.
I hope you don't mind; it was simply an exercise in using "Paint". Best wishes, David

Dorothy___Eric.jpg

Dorothy_and_me.jpg

Last edited:
TThanks David, had not noticed tear 'till you mentioned it, just looked at original photo and there certainly is a small tear, still it is 75
/76 years old. Eric

Eric,
Have you noticed I got rid of the many dots as well? If you place your cursor on Previous/Last and click it repeatedly, you will see - I hope - quite an improvement.
But I must thank you - it helped pass the 40 minutes before the family woke up! Best regards, David

Geff i get invalid attachment when i try to open your post. Shame i have never seen a photo of St James St i lived dead opposite in Erskine St . Dek

Dek Carr. Have another look on Brothers and Sisters, I tried again doing the same thing and it worked, sorry the photo does`nt show the street you were interested in.

Back