• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brass foundry Bordesley/Digbeth..McKeough??

L

linett

Many of my ancestors were brass casters in Birmingham.

Both my grandfather Samuel Ashton and his brother Joseph worked in the Bordeley /Digbeth area between 1920-1940.
My father remembers visiting where they worked and thinks the company was called McKeo/McKeough. They did a lot of work for the Admiralty.
Dad thinks it was under some 'arches'.............(possibly under a bridge?)

I can't find any record of the company....can anyone help?

hopefully Linett

Coming out of the City after going under Bordesley railway bridge passing a road & pub named The Clements on the left hand side of the Coventry Rd there was a business called George McKeogh? perhaps this is the one you are trying to find. Len.

Last edited:
From 1933 Kellys

william McGeoch & Co Ltd (naval), Warwick Works, 46 Coventry road

mikw

brummie nick, Well done, could not get the name spelled right, they are still in business i think their name is part of the building. Len.

Last edited:
Hi everyone who answered my post
Thanks for your help lencops and mikejee. Ive been trying for about 18 months to trace the foundry and you did it in less than a day....what can Ii say??
Just spoke to my dad and he said he's certain it was McGeoughs with a G now ,so looks like the mystery is solved.
Thanks to you too brummie nick for the link......now all I need is a photo lol
regards linett

Last edited by a moderator:
Back