• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Boy Soldier KiA

theodore

master brummie
Private 13314 George Frederick Quincey was 17 years old when he was killed in action on 13th November 1914. If any member can supply any further details on G. F. Quincey it would be most appreciated. (date of birth to confirm age etc.)

Regards

Peter

Born 1st qtr 1898 Aston, parents Christopher Quincey and Rose Murrell married Aston 1890.

1901 ,237 Herbert road ,Aston
Christopher Quincey age 35 gunn drillind machinist
Rose age 30
Christopher age 7
Drucilla age 5
George age 3

In 1911 the Quincey family were at 13 Carlton Road, Aston. Everyone in the family is shown as 'born Small Heath'

Christopher Quincey age 45, Filer
Rose Quincey, wife age 41
Christopher Quincey age 18 Machinist
Drucilla Quincey age 16 Pinafore maker
George Quincey age 14 school *the boy soldier*
Nellie Quincey age 10 school
Florie Quincey age 7 school
Edward Quincey age 5
Leonard Quincey age 6mths

The CWGC entry is here https://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=1625236
It give his home address as 189, Montgomery St., Sparkbrook, Birmingham

His medal card indicates he arrived at the front line on 12th August 1914

Hi Peter,
I have Quincey's in my family Gertrude Ethel Quincey was my paternal Grandmother.
There is a Quincey site www.dequinceyfamily.co.uk run by a Victor de Quincey that maybe of assistance to you.

Although it says "de Quincey" it has Quincey's included.

Hello Jennyann, Lloyd and Rowan,

Sorry for delay in reply to your messages having just returned from short holiday.

Many thanks to you all for the infomation you have sent, it's most appreciated.

Regards

Peter

Back