• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Born at Sorrento 1974

David Ricketts

Hi there. I was born at Sorrento on June 7th ‘74. My birth name was Peter Richard Beckenridge Keehan. My adopted name is David Ricketts. I need to find anything I can about my birth. I only have an adoption certificate and a birth certificate. I also have a bible- with an inscription inside it from a Marc Bolan poem. It’s a calfskin bible with gold edging. Was it gifted by the hospital? Or more likely my birth mother? It’s dated with my birth date- and the handwriting doesn’t match anyone we know. Thank you to anyone that can help me out.

hi david we have many such enquires like yours so you are not alone...the only thing i can suggest is that you contact social services to try and access your adoption files and find out if your birth mother left you the bible...good luck and dont give up..oh there is just one thing would your parents know anything about the bible as i take it you have had it since your birth ?

lyn

Last edited:
Back