• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bordesley Green Properties

davidfowler

Exiled Brummie
I bought 2 old Accounts books last week at a car boot. They were "The Trustees of J H Weston, Capital Account". I think he was from Leicester (I intend researching him as I have details of his death plus his widow) but interestingly this page shows that he bought properties in Bordesley Green for rental income. There are references to Third Avenue, Fourth Avenue and Blake Lane. Unfortunately the actual addresses aren't detailed.

I know there are some members who originate from Bordesley Green - including my old school friend David who now lives in Italy - so thought I would post this.

The accounts are from July 1909 to March 1930. The opening amount is £253 4s 3p and the closing balance is £22976 6s 3p so he seems to have been quite successful!

What an unexpected find, David. This is of great interest as I have connections with two of those locations but had not been able to discover much about the history of the estates. Thank you.

Back