• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Boars Head Stechford

PatriciaH

Brummie babby
Can anyone help with info about the Boars Head Pub in Stechford. My great grandmother owned the pub at one time possibly about 1925.

There is a thread about it if you type boars head in the search bar at the top right hand side of the page.

There is a thread about it if you type boars head in the search bar at the top right hand side of the page.

This may be the Boars Head Perry Barr. I am not aware of a pub with this name in Stetchford or any other district in B,ham I await new information. Dek

Wasn't the Boars Head the pub that was demolished to make way for the Matchmaker(very ugly building) on the corner of Garretts Green Lane /Meadway.
This was also demolished and Quikfit is there now.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I did see somewhere that it was associated at some time with The Matchmaker. Wish I could find a picture of original pub.

Alberta it was the other way round Matchmaker first then changed to the Boars Head later, the pub fist opened in the late 70s. There was a BULLS Head
in Stechford on Station road i think.

Alberta it was the other way round Matchmaker first then changed to the Boars Head later, the pub fist opened in the late 70s. There was a BULLS Head
in Stechford on Station road i think.
The Matchmaker changed its name to the Boars Head then it was used as The Meadway British Legion now demolished, site now occupied by Kwik Fit, that is my memory right or wrong!!!. Len.

I think you mean the Bulls Head on Station Road, just on the bend by the little bridge walkway over the river cole heading towards the swimming baths on the no 11 bus. It changed its name to the Manor House but sadly now has been bulldozed.

Phyllis1957, They are two different pubs the Boars Head pub was at Kitts Green not Stetchford, the old Bulls Head/Manor House pub, Stetchford is a good distance away. Len

Back