• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

birmingham or america

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
hi guys ;
sorry if this in th wrong place but i have been rackinhg my brains over yesterday regarding that pic of the question brum or america well it dawn on me i had seen that picture i a news paper cutting
and i eleive it was in the twentys and t wastaken on te corner of liverpool street
and fazely street across the rd from the forge pub the rd that takes you down to the custard house from the forge pub across the rd on the very corner of liver pool street
and to the right hand side of that corner which was one time a garage way back as far as the forties to my knowledge and before they rebuilt the frontage thee was that arch way gates with the lamp post out side and with the old music hall down the rd on digbeh high street thats where they came from to have the photographic scene taken ;and the spratts sign was always there as was the one on stratford rd
at proffit and westwood as i previously stated but thats where that pic was taken
the rd i am saying runs acoss from watery lae up to the custard house and down along the ye old crown pub of today it was virtualy almost facing fazely street and facng the forge pub ;
thanks for the time in reading this and if its in the wrong place i opologise guys
best wishes astonian

Back