• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Maps - with house numbers ??

Duck57

Brummie babby
I'm trying to find street maps that include house numbers.

A day at the Birmingham Archives has highlighted 1:500 maps which are great for seeing individual buildings - but no house numbers included. The Archives Staff were unaware of anything that might include this.

Am I onto a loser here, or can anyone give me some pointers on where I might be able to find this information. The street that I'm after is Victoria Grove, between Ashley Street & Benacre Street - it was bombed in 1940 so no longer exists.

Any help appreciated !

Thanks

If you look in a 1930s edition of Kellys directory you can find intersecting streets the numbers are given at the intersections so from this you should be able to work out where houses are

Michael G is correct is principle, but victoria grove wasn't a street but a terrace, and, as such, would, in most cases not be included in the directory except as a mention as a turning off Benacre st. You will find it with the listed occupants on the electoral rolls, but these do not make it clear how they are numbered.
mike

Mike-G / MikeJee

Thanks for your responses, useful information that I can use for some other locations. I guess my search for 36 Victoria Grove continues !!

Jason

Back