• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Assay Office Visit (on the day)

Another great event, thanks to everyone for making it so enjoyable.
A special thanks to Lyn for organising it, the only downside is the numb backside i still have from all the sitting. :(:D
A few pictures from the day, more to follow. Brian

Wouldn't you beleive it when we arrived the others were all standing oustside the Pub - That was for afterwards folks.

Great time was had many thanks to Lyn for all the effort put in.

Just reiterate, smashing day, lovely company (as usual) and a really interesting visit. Loved the good Doctor, sorry can't remember her name. Lots of great info, pity we HAD to go over to the boozer afterwards!

I promised not to post any pics but I must share this one. It should be on a "Who (not where) is this" type thread. Guess which of our lovely ladies are encouraging a male member to get his hand in his pocket and get the first round in at The Queens.

hi david,
i think the doctors name was bagot or something like that.
as for the pub, you have to take the bad with the good.

lynne.

hi david,
i think the doctors name was bagot or something like that.
as for the pub, you have to take the bad with the good.

lynne.
Dr. Sally Baggott, Curator, Birmingham Assay Office
sally_baggott_new.gif

morning all..:) as always it was a pleasure to arrange this meet up folks:) really enjoyed it..great venue and great company and i think sally was a wonderful speaker:) like david i too was a bit numb from sitting so long but soon walked it off:D will post a couple of piccies later on and thanks again you are a great bunch..:thumbsup:

lyn

great pics folks...:) i didnt take that many as i made the classic mistake of putting cheap batteries in me small camera...:( just going to down load them...

lyn

only managed to get these pics before the batteries ran out but dave took quiet a few so i hope see to them later on and he also let me borrow his camera to take a special one for frothy:D

mike and mo arriving and putting best foot forward...

the door they would not let us through:rolleyes:

Last edited:
:) Few to start with :) 1200 doors open :)
Colin please do not post any of my pics onto Facebook Ta

Back