• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

B'ham Post & Mail Children's Clubs

• Thread starter Thread starter jannywanny
  • Start date Start date
J

jannywanny

I've got my grandad's membership card of the B'ham Post & Mail's ..... wait for it 'nig-nog club'.... :P not very PC I know but this was the 1920s. It was run by 'Uncle Len' and had various sets of rules on the card - I'll dig it out and scan it.

Anyone else know anything about this club?

Janny

Uncle len used to run the Chipper club in the Evening Despatch. must have defectid at some time.

Well I was nearly right Robert...  :idiot2:   it was the Evening Despatch Children's Ring - Nig Nog Club with Uncle Mac & Uncle Ernest (I was getting mixed up with Uncle Len & my Chipper Club membership)...  Makes 'interesting' reading in these times doesn't it?!! ;D

Wonder if the sayng "You silly nignog" which was quite common in Brum years ago, came from this club?

Thanks to whoever reduced my pictures. O0

Yes, it's not PC (I know this more than most, working in the Public Sector >:() )

I think it just reflects a more innocent age... it probably dates back to the late 1920s when my grandad would've been about 10.

Janny

Ta Cromwell... can you let me know how you reduce images so that when I post in the future, they don't take over the whole site :idiot2:

Janny

Graham,
that website you posted (i.e.nig-nog)
made very good reading about the beaufighters
cheers mate

Back