• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Beech Road,Chester Road, Sutton

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
I've Googled Beech Road, Chester Rd, Sutton and can't find any trace of it. This was an address as it appears on an ancestors birth certificate in 1926. I think it was probably very near Sutton Park. I have a very very vague memory of Beech Rd as being a quite short road of 2 rows of terraced houses facing each other with their front gardens also facing each other - I think separated by a walkway. The houses were "2 up 2 down" style but that's all I remember. Wonder if there's any map showing their location. Regards Viv.

Hi Viv,there is a Beech road that runs off Chester road,it cames under Erdington.So if you google Beech road, Erdington you should find it.
Moss.

Hi Viv,

Yes, Beech Road is off the Chester Road near Boldmere. I used to walk down it twice a day to catch the No. 5 bus to go to school. There was a row of three shops, a grocers, paper shop and a butchers there when I was a kid back in the 50s and 60s.
Best wishes
Humph

Back