• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bankes Road and Garretts Green Lane

RussH

knowlegable brummie
I know there are a few threads with Bankes Road and Garretts Green Lane mentioned, weren't sure which one to gatecrash so thought I would create a new thread.

I was wondering if anyone grew up in or around Bankes Road in the 40's or likewise Garretts Green Lane in the 50's. I was wondering is anyone may remember a family by the name of Harrisons. My father was Neil Harrison and his parents were James and Kathleen Harrison

I know there are a few threads with Bankes Road and Garretts Green Lane mentioned, weren't sure which one to gatecrash so thought I would create a new thread.

I was wondering if anyone grew up in or around Bankes Road in the 40's or likewise Garretts Green Lane in the 50's. I was wondering is anyone may remember a family by the name of Harrisons. My father was Neil Harrison and his parents were James and Kathleen Harrison
I lived in Bankes Road until I was four(early 50s) then lived in Garretts Green (I went to the college) but not actually on Garretts Green Lane. Sorry but I don't remember anyone named James and Kathleen Harrison.

Hi Rosie,

I know this is a bit old now, apologies.

I wonder if you might remember any one called Neil Harrison or Steve Harrison then?

Hi Russ

I'm afraid not. I was only just four when we moved from Bankes Road to live near Garretts Green but I don't remember a James and Kathleen Harrison nor Neil or Steve Harrison from either location.. I will ask my siblings if they remember them.

Back