• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Balsall Heath pics

bilsat

master brummie
Hi Christy.
Here are the pics I found on the Net. Hope they are not the ones you put on !

Attachments

• Highgate St Martins Flats (5).jpg
    Highgate St Martins Flats (5).jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Highgate St Martins Flats (6).jpg
    Highgate St Martins Flats (6).jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
bilsat, great-stuff, the bottom pic my mom has the blue coat on,red bag, thee other 2, i have never seen, our balcony in the flats was facing that park in angelina st, i could be in there playing,? do you what year the top pic,s are? many thanks, for your help, have you looked at the ones i have put on, thread, st martins flats,. can you remember the film shot in the flats it was on t.v.1978-80,or the name of it?, i was talking to one of the saunders thee other day [john].. take care..christy..

bilsat, can you remember where you got the pic,s from, so i can get a better photo of the flats, as my printer has a mind of its, own? the film made in the flats, was a drama, it was some think like the [play for today] plays,& not [gangsters] it was 1977-8, most of the local lads, were watching it getting made,, do you roger Mcguley, they had the shops, in VAOUGHTON ST, he then ran the pub carpenters arms, back in 1980,s.he had a home made film of the flats? well all the best,..christy..

Has anyone got any old photos of Cannon hill Road by the Big Saj side, and possibly any photos of Calthorpe Park, that would be very much appreciated, thank you

Back