• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Baker family

lyndcy

Brummie babby
Hi I am trying to find death record of William Rose Baker born 1844 in Birmingham. My aussie cousin and I have been trying to find this for about 12 months. We found him in 1871 census and know another child was born [john] in 1876. In 1881 census his wife Annie Marie Baker was a widow and she remarried couple of years later, we have exhausted all death records for the dates between 1876-1881 and we do not know where to go next. We thought with his unusual middle name it would be easy, can anyone help?

Have you tried familysearch.org? Had a quick look, but there are quite a few hits for William Baker whose birth date seems to match and a marriage for a William Rose Baker but in 1840 - could it be your Williams father? The site is really slow loading again tonight, it is usually faster in the day time, but I'm at work tomorrow so won't get chance to look, sorry, but it's worth a go.
Good luck!
Sue

Have you tried familysearch.org? Had a quick look, but there are quite a few hits for William Baker whose birth date seems to match and a marriage for a William Rose Baker but in 1840 - could it be your Williams father? The site is really slow loading again tonight, it is usually faster in the day time, but I'm at work tomorrow so won't get chance to look, sorry, but it's worth a go.
Good luck!
Sue
Thank you Sue, will look at familysearch.org. I think our problem is too many William Baker
but our did tend to use full name of William Rose Baker. The name went through till 1900 when was used for last time. p.s I live in Tamworth as well but originally from Brum.

Hi again Sue, tried familysearch but no luck, thought if I can find a burial record I might be able to trace it backwards. His last address in 1871 census was Aston Manor, he was aged 25 and unemployed jeweller, as there are Bakers in Key Hill and maybe Warstone do you think it possible he was buried there? Lynda

Hi lindcy. I have checked the indexes for Warstone Lane and Key Hill cemeteries there are many William Bakers but no William Rose or William R's sorry.

Lindcy,
There are 2 possibles on familysearch, but places of death are Warwick - but this could be a transcript error or incomplete entry as Aston was classed as Warwick, died 10th November 1876 and another in St James Dudley, died 30th March 1880.
Perhaps someone could cross check these on Ancestry or Findmyast for you? I don't have membership at the minute.
Where are you in tamworth? I am in Kettlebrook and have rels in Australia too!
Sue

Back