• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Back of Key Hill

W

Wendy

Here's a nice photo of the houses at the rear of Key Hill taken in 1967.

FORUM_PICS_Rear_of_Key_Hill.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi wendy nice pic yes i agree but for the love nor money i jst cannot place where behind in key hill where this particular house was
was it key hill drive behind the trees pub or what
best wishes astonian alan

bri and phil..i posted this pic last week under old street pics..just gone back to the book i had it from and i am afraid there is no more info...just the caption..i too would love to know the exact location....lovely pic...

lyn

Hi Astonian, I think this was taken from the rear of the Post Office on the main road. I walked that area day and night for years. It is the only place I can think of.

When you go up Key Hill at the top on the left hand side was an alleyway which leads you through to Hockley Hill and the Post Office. I don’t know if this alley has ever been put on the snickets and alleys of Brum thread. On the other side of Key Hill which was Key Hill Drive we used to go and and take our bikes on the race track which was there, I wonder what it was originally used for. It was very sandy coloured.

The photograph appears to be the courtyard accessed from Hylton Street. The tall brick wall to the right hand backdrop are the buildings in Key Hill Drive and the smaller brick wall to the left of the photograph is the wall that forms the partial tunnel entry from Key Hill Drive through to Hylton Street.

The location that Astonian commented on #3 (the yard at the start of Key Hill Drive and to the rear of the Trees pub is very similar, very similar indeed, but the area of that yard is smaller than the one in this photograph.

Back