• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Audley Road School

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
AUDLEY COUNTY PRIMARY SCHOOL, Audley Road, Yardley.(27) Audley Rd. Council Sch. opened 1933 by Birm. C.B.C. in temporary buildings accom. 192 JI. Another hut and permanent JI block, accom. 432, opened 1934: huts used for SM. SM block, accom. 400, opened 1935 and huts used by JI. JI dept. divided 1936, I remaining in huts. Community Hall of Glebe Farm estate used from 1936. SM dept. closed 1941 and buildings used for Civil Defence (and see next sch.).(21) War damage repaired 1953. Glebe Farm Baptist Church used from 1953 by JM. Name changed 1954. Accom. 1961: 14 classrooms, 2 halls.

image.jpeg

I’m trying to find photos from this school. I’ve tried emailing them without success. I’m looking for 1930-1940. I have no photos of my Mum as a child and she went to this school so hoped there would be somewhere to find them. Any ideas?

Does anyone have any photos of the Audley Primary School, The Glebe, Birmingham. The school does still exist but I’m looking for 1930’s, children’s group photos. Any idea where I’d look to find these?

Hello

Just found your post on Audley Primary School, The Glebe. It’s the school I am looking for and a lovely photo. I’m peering at the children to see anyone looks like my Mother.

I’m still waiting for response from the school to see if they have kept any photos of the children.

thank you
Jackie

Does anyone have any photos of the Audley Primary School, The Glebe, Birmingham. The school does still exist but I’m looking for 1930’s, children’s group photos. Any idea where I’d look to find these?
Any joy on these photos? My dad moved to Audley Rd sometime between 1935 and 1939 according to electoral rolls and being born in 1929, would surely have attended there?
Thnx

Back