• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston - Witton Road T Danks shop

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
The 'then' pictures are taken from old postcards, the 'now' pictures taken from Google Streetview.
The older of the pictures is thought to date from the 1900's, the now picture is approximately where the shop once stood, hopefully someone can verify.

Ian.

Hi ian
yes i can confirm that picture of danks iron mongery hard ware shop stood there
and in the forties and early fifties selling all danks ware toilets and he had a rake of them out side the shop
along with his steel mop buckets different dezigned toilets all of danks branded bogs
and which was of course was on the witton road and i emediatly recononise straight away
have your self a lovely day best wishes as always astonion

Looking at some forum pics which I had copied and saved before they were lost in Oct 2011, and rather than starting a new thread, here is my copy of the old pic lost from post #1. The shop was selling a large spade priced at 4/- and a kettle at 3/6, the date looks pre 1920s.
TDanksWitton Rd.jpg

Back