• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston & Erdington Tribute To World War One

Zuluwarrier

Brummie babby
Dear All

I have a passion for the First World War and as an ex soldier serving with the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers I wanted to create a electronic diary of the the events of the first world war.

I created a facebook site to honour our fallen from WW1 for the Aston & Erdington area however it was quickly established that this needed to be for Brummies.

Unfortunately Facebook wouldn't let me rename the site name. As the site owner any viewer who wish to have a relative honoured who served World War 1 will be gladly accepted

The site is a day by day account of what happened 100 years to the day with newspaper articles and photographs, gaining most of the information from various sites on the internet bringing it to one area.

With the use of John K Colin's (a fellow members) database and my own hopefully I will cover all our fallen the site has already honoured over 60 soldiers from Aston, Erdington & the surrounding areas.

I have left a link if viewers who may wish to have a look and like it for updates.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston...1320727?ref=hl

Regards

Mick

Back