• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Arthur Street, Aston

M

mand

Can anyone tell me where Arthur Street was? and maybe when it disappeared?

Mand,
I think,it was in the area of Whitehouse St.and was bombed during the war.Have seen it on a old map,on the Aston site.

Thanks - couldn't see it on the street names, gotta go now - will try and look again soon.

Mand, I have looked in my old Wakelin's Street Guide and Arthur Street ran from 175 Coventry Road to Glover's Road, Small Heath, Birmingham.10

My great grandparents lived in Arthur Street, just off Mount Pleasant, which was off the Coventry Road.

Ann

My mums Family lived in Arthur Street in the 1950s and were living there when I was born in 1956 does any one know them ? Harry and Doreen Payton Mums mom was named Rose Hannah Clarke
Best Wishes Jean

Arthur st Small heath is still there. I'm sure there is a photo of the Coventry road junction with the old bus/tram depot on one of the bus threads.

Thanks Robert for your reply . I live in Halifax now and some times it seems that it was a hundred light years away .
All the best Jean

Back