• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Arrowsmith

Sarahp1986

Brummie babby
Hi,

I am trying to get some more information about my mother’s maternal side of the family,
John and Florrie arrowsmith lived at Severn Road Acocks Green, does anybody remember them or have any information

The census info should be on Ancestry.
If no one else does I will see what can find tomorrow but I only use Ancestry.

John Thomas Arrowsmith born Bham, is possibly the son of a John Thomas Arrowsmith and a Harriet Bedworth.

If so then his mother dies in 1893 and he and his surviving siblings - Harry and Gertrude - are in a children's home in Coleshill.

And in 1911 he is possibly in the 2nd Battalion N Staffs Regiment in India.

Florrie Sutton born Walsall, appears to be the daughter of Joseph Sutton and Mary Ann Williams.

If so her father dies in 1890 and she is with her widowed mother and siblings in 1891 & 1901 and in 1911 with her sister's family.

The info was mainly from freeBMD, GRO and familysearch...

...and I also use Ancestry and findmypast...

...most you have to register with to use but you don't need a subscription to search. A lot of the info can be found on most of the major sites.

Back