• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

American Army

• Thread starter Thread starter DennyGirl
  • Start date Start date
D

DennyGirl

Hi
Any ideas please
Researching my family I have discovered a Cousin who died in WW1 Albert Henry Francis b 1896.My gran always told me she had a bro who died in the War.Researching revieled he was a cousin to her.I don't think she ever knew this fact as Gran was b 1900.I am expecting the 1911 census to show Albert living with her and the Rutter family in Aston.I am now trying to find Alberts brother Jonathan b 1898 Aston.I'v searched the death and marriages and he is no where to be found or in CWGC.I have down loaded a Medal Card Royal Warwickshire reg 300111 PTE Jonathan Francis Birmingham.not knowing if this is the same Person Idiscovered a record in " Find My past.com".In National Roll of the Great War.for a Private J Francis R.A.M.C Saying he join in 1917 and was attatched for the remainer of the war to the American Army.He was engaged on various important duties and was still serving in 1920.
The address 65 Foundry rd Winson Green B'ham.
I have search the 1901 census for another Jonathan Francis but there is only 1 which r my Ancestors living with his parents aged 3yrs in Aston transcribed Frances.I know I need to connect him with the Address in Winson Green some way.Is there any way to find out what happened to Jonathan while attached to the American Army in 1920?.

DennyGirl

Back