• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Allen Taylor 'Waterloo Hero'

• Thread starter Thread starter Wendy
  • Start date Start date
W

Wendy

The memorial transcription project at Key Hill Cemetery spear headed by chairman Dick Empson continues to reveal more interesting glimpses into past lives. In section P no658 for example lies Allen Taylor listed as a 'Waterloo hero' who died December 29th 1871 aged 80 years.

This would be a nice one for someone to research.

Wendy, that's a lovely bit of info, thank you for posting.

As most of my ancestors seem to have got mixed up and killed in most wars I've always wondered if any of them managed to get done in at Waterloo. Not being very bright in these things I've not managed to find anything, yet, but I did recently pay a visit to the Belgian war museum in Brussels. I visited mainly to look at the magnificent collection of vintage aircraft but was taken aback by the fantastic collection that they have from the battle of Waterloo, just down the road from Brussels.:) For anyone visiting Belgium I can highly recommend visiting this museum and there is no entrance fee! The national auto museum on the other side of the road is also well worth a visit. Graham.

https://www.klm-mra.be/klm-new/engels/main01.php?id=menu_links/startpagina

03.jpg

Back