• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

All Saints Church Small Heath

susan garside

Brummie babby
Can anyone tell me more about All Saints Church Birmingham (don't know which district). My husbands grandparents married there in 1914 - Harry Whitehouse to Lily Jones.
Thanks
Sue Garside:)

Susan
Afraid in 1914 there were several All Saints at:
All Saints Road, Lodge road
Alcester Road, Kings Heath
Cooksey Road, Small Heath
George Road , Erdington
Albert Road, Stechford
Have you any other information as to which one?
mike

Hello Mike
Thanks for reply. No definite info. but just rechecked my chart and I have a child born in Small Heath so that would be my best guess.
Thanks
Sue:)

Sue
The All Sts website is at https://www.allsaintsonline.co.uk/index.php. It has a rather distorted picture on it and a history. The Birmingham archives have some records, and the national archives page on them lists the following details:
Administrative history:
All Saints Church in Cooksey Road, Small Heath, was designed by A E Dempster, erected in 1875 and consecrated in 1883. A parish was assigned to it out of Holy Trinity, Bordesley, in 1875. The living, a titular vicarage from 1890, was in the gift of private trustees.
The parish, out of which the parish of St Aidan, Small Heath (1897) and part of the parish of St Gregorys, Small Heath (1924) had been formed, and from which part had been transferred to St Aidan's in 1907, was declared an ecclesiastical reorganisation area in 1946. The church was destroyed by enemy action in the Second World War, and in 1949 the benefice was permanently united to that of St Aidan, Small Heath

Back