• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

alexandra st..ladywood

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
road sweeper in alexandra st ladywood.. numbers 46 to 60.dated 1967

pic courtesy of carl chinn

Last edited:
Re: alexander st..ladywood

the caption says alexander mike but as you know they can be wrong....

lyn

Well, looking at the list of streets in 1900, there are two alexander roads (handsworth 7 Acocks green), and no alexander st, and one alexandra st which is off King Edwards road in Ladywood

thanks mike..it must be alexandra st...will go and edit

Well you had better beleive it otherwise you will upset a lot of us ladywoodites
and that street was one of the best kept streets around ladywood even the houyses and with scrubbed front door steps and windows
alot of my friends lived up there one in particular and that was a kid called ragga i think is was io2 or 4
there was loads of kids in that street more than any where i would like to know where all the familys got shipped out to the bennetts the yeomans
the southans the seeneys just to name afew there as been quite afew times in our growing up that peoplehave come to the st and taken pics
and they havebeen printed in books and the mail a most popular street astonion

Back