• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Wee Album

NOTSHARP

master brummie
Following on from my recent post https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/wartime-christmas-greetings.56600/
This also surfaced.

A small photograph album, dating, I would guess, to WW2 when my father was in North Africa.
It is made from a silk-like material, and hand embroidered, by the look of it.

Colours are still quite vibrant, and it is excellent condition for its age.
More importantly, it has photographs in it.

My Dad.("self" written on the back)

He was seriously injured in North Africa, when he was hit by a DR one night. He was discharged from the army, because of his injuries.

Maybe this nurse looked after him.

There are some photographs that must date from his service in India in 1937.

It is this one that has really intrigued me.

I am fairly sure that the lad on the right, is John, my cousin. He was born in 1934. But who was "the bab"?

My mom did have a child in 1939, but he died at a year old. It could be my eldest brother, born in 1940. The one died on 24th.Jan.1940. My eldest brother was born on 23rd.Jan1940, so it could be him.

Also in there, is this one.

This could well be my Uncle, George Mortimer. Now that I have a service number, I have a good start.

I have no idea who this young girl is.

Nothing written on the back to help this time.

Another rabbit hole to dive in to.

Steve.

Back