• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

70 park street

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks would be grateful of a map please showing 70 park st city centre...many thanks

lyn

I'm not certain. Chequers Inn is listed as no. 84 and on the later maps no. 57 is on the other side of Freeman St, so perhaps one of the properties between the Chard Works and Shut Lane (gone by 1950 map) here...

hi mark i am looking for where clares auctions was...i was told it was number 70 park st poss at the back or side of the fox and grapes pub..year would be the 1970s

lyn

I think it was Clare's my dad took me to in the early 80s, my only visit to an auction. The only thing I can remember is afterwards we had a sausage sandwich from a van.

Sorry, can't remember where it was exactly though.

hi mark i am looking for where clares auctions was...i was told it was number 70 park st poss at the back or side of the fox and grapes pub..year would be the 1970s

lyn
Hi Lyn, 1950s map attached, the map for the top of Park Street appears to be corrupted. Fox and Grapes is in red and quite difficult to pinpoint No. 70 but perhaps the warehouse marked in blue.

Attachments

• park-st-cc.jpg
    park-st-cc.jpg
    658.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
thanks john i will pass on this info but i was told that clares at no 70 was much nearer to the pub...

lyn

Hi Lyn, Kelly's for 1973/4 says 70 Park St. B5 5HZ.
I went a few times with a friend but I can't remember either!!
rosie.

Hi Lyn, Kelly's for 1973/4 says 70 Park St. B5 5HZ.
I went a few times with a friend but I can't remember either!!
rosie.
thanks rosie...my friend seems to think it was at the side of the fox and grapes but cant be certain...

lyn

Can't find a map showing Clare's but on the planning site there is an application for 70 Park street and use as a car park. This is the site map
published. The numbers are the car park spaces.
1697986021043.png

Last edited:
hi folks would be grateful of a map please showing 70 park st city centre...many thanks

lyn
Lyn, I have an old A-Z no date cost 6 shillings. Park St went from Bull Ring (Moor St ) past Fazeley St onto Albert St.
I also have a 1995 A-Z that also shows same Park St..

Is it correct Park St ?

Nick Phillips

just been talking to my friend and hes looked at jans map post 10...the actual auction house was just up from the fox and grapes pub in freeman st..marked warehouse on the map this was in the 1970s

lyn

Back